As of Saturday at around 2:50 pm, I got a new sister!
More on that to come (I hope), but today I wanted to share with you a silly little game I put together for the shower we held for the bride a few weeks ago.
I searched on Pinterest for ideas and this one was so much fun, I had to make it happen.
How to Play Who Has the Groom
- First, go to Wedding Chicks for a FREE Printable groom template. *NOTE – This link appears to no longer be available, so try THIS ONE.
- Print several and cut out.
- Then print out several male celebrity heads (I got mine from Googling ‘male celebrities’, but you could also purchase a magazine and use those photos instead). Cut out and paste to the groom template.
- Print a photo of the groom’s head (in this case, my little bro!) and add to a groom template.
- Put all of the cards into separate envelopes.
- When guests arrive, hand them an envelope with instructions not to open until you give the green light.
- At an appropriate time during the shower, have guests one by one open their envelopes and show which celebrity they received.
- The woman who opens the envelope with the groom’s photo is the winner!
I tried to tailor the game to my new sister’s likes – she is a big fan of Star Wars and Pride and Prejudice.
I also added in a few funny faces like Grumpy Cat, Abraham Lincoln, Bart Simpson and baby Prince George.
This game takes a small bit of time to put together, but the end result and laughs will definitely be worth it.
Who Has the Groom? will be the perfect Ice Breaker for your next celebration of a bride-to-be!
Happy Who Has the Groom-ing! 🙂