I was a little taken aback… He is going into 7th grade. I thought surely he would think that was “baby-ish” or “not cool” or “sussy baka”, as the teens are calling things these days.
But when your 13-year-old asks for the Back to School Fairy – you give it to him.
The Back to School Fairy came and made everyone a school bus cake.
Everyone loved it – especially the teenager. 🙂
- 1 rectangular cake of choice, placed upside down on a platter
- 1 tub of icing
- Yellow food gel
- Black icing
- Teddy Graham cookies
- Cut a small square from the top left part of the cake.
- Add the yellow food dye to the icing and mix thoroughly until desired shade.
- Ice the cake.
- Add Oreo wheels.
- Use the black icing to create the windows.
- Use the M&Ms to create the details like the stop sign, side lines, and headlights.
- Place the Teddy Grahams inside the bus windows.
I hope you will try to make a school bus cake! I mean, I hope the Back to School Fairy visits your home, too!
Your kiddos are never too old for a little magic!