It’s October! My favorite month! And I love finding yummy comfort foods to feed my family as we enjoy the cooler weather, pumpkin patches, and cinnamon brooms.
I found this recipe in a magazine years and years ago. I clipped it out and tucked it away in my cookbook for so long. I finally took it out a few weeks ago and our whole family loved it.
And there are hidden veggies in every bite! Cue the air high-fives to moms everywhere.
Serve this up after carving pumpkins and trick or treating!
- 1 pkg (20.8 oz) ground turkey
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 rib celery, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 (6 oz) cans tomato paste
- 2 T cider vinegar
- 2 T light brown sugar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp dry mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- Cook ground turkey with carrots, onions, celery, and garlic in a large skillet until cooked through.
- Add tomato paste, vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and seasonings.
- Cook on low for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve on hamburger buns.