This recipe is quick, easy, and full of clean ingredients.
We love to eat this meal for dinner, but it could also work great for breakfast with the fried egg on top.
Even my kiddos like to eat it!
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 zucchini, diced small
- 1 yellow squash, diced small
- 1 red bell pepper, diced small
- sea salt, to taste
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- 4 eggs
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the onion and sauté until soft, about 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté about 1 more minute.
- Add the ground turkey, herbs, salt and pepper. Stir frequently to break up the meat until the turkey is no longer pink.
- Add the zucchini and squash to the pan and cook for about 5 more minutes. Add the bell pepper and stir to combine everything. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 3-4 more minutes.
- Add additional salt and pepper to taste. Divide the turkey hash evenly onto plates.
- In the same pan, fry the 4 eggs until the whites are set, about 3-4 minutes. Top each plate of hash with a fried egg and serve.
I hope you love this Turkey Hash as much as we do!