Hello dear Happy Home Fairy friends! I have been MIA since Christmas for a million reasons. I ended up getting COVID-19 during our Christmas holiday, so I was down for several weeks. After that, it has been one major excitement after the next at work, and with Zion still not sleeping through the night, I just could not find the time/energy to get on here. There is no shortage of ideas, though, I can tell you that! I still dream for this space that is so special to me! Thank you to everyone who still hangs out in this little corner of the internet. I know there are so many other things vying for your attention. Your time means the world to me.
I read somewhere that 2021 is like 2020 but with bangs and I laughed out loud. I think we are all feeling that. So let’s just eat our feelings, shall we?
This Sweet Potato Chili is literally my FAVORITE meal of all time. It has very whole ingredients, tastes delicious, and the best part – no beans! My kids do N-O-T like beans, so this chili is one that they will eat without any grimacing.
Make yourself a bowl of this perfect comfort food today! Enjoy!
- 1 lb ground turkey (or ground beef)
- 1 half yellow onion, diced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 5 cups peeled and diced sweet potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 28 oz diced tomatoes
- 28 oz tomato sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 T chili powder
- 1 T all-purpose herb seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Saute the onion in a little bit of olive oil for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant, in a large pot.
- Add ground turkey and sea salt. Cook completely.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Cook for 30 minutes on medium-low or on low for longer.
- Remove the bay leaf when it is time to serve.
- Top with sliced avocado, sour cream, or other toppings. Serve with warm corn muffins.