I have a major crush on the little flock of Turkey Finger Puppets I made for Thanksgiving this year!
They are super easy to make! Come along with me and make one with your Happy Buddies!
- Colorful felt
- Googly Eyes
- Hot Glue Gun
- Brown Puffy Paint (optional)
- Cut the felt into all the pieces you will need – Feathers, Body (a matching front and back piece), Beak, and Wattle
- Glue the body together around the edges only! This way there will be room for Happy little fingers!
- Glue on the eyes, beak, and wattle.
- Glue the feathers in a fan-like pattern on the back of the finger puppet.
- Paint a border of brown puffy paint around the outside of the body. *This step is optional – I just wanted a more finished look. 🙂 Or, if you know how to sew (I can’t even sew a button!), you could sew the body together and then use pinking shears around the outside. That’s what my friend, Cindy, did over at Skip to My Lou.
- Let everything dry.
- Have fun playing with your Turkey Finger Puppet of Fun!
I thought that these little guys would look really jazzy if they were on my Thanksgiving Kid’s Table! I used them to hold the utensils! See the amazing pictures here!
Happy Turkey Finger Puppet-ing! 🙂