I have been searching and searching for an easy banana bread recipe that I can throw together when I have a pile of overripe bananas sitting on the kitchen counter.
Banana bread recipes usually call for buttermilk (which I don’t typically have on hand) and I am not always interested in lifting the mixer out of the bottom cabinet, so when I found this sans-buttermilk/sans-mixer recipe from Simply Recipes, I was THRILLED.
Then the hubs ate some and he was thrilled and I was thrilled that he was thrilled and so this banana bread caused a whole lot of thrilling.
Which makes it a recipe I will be using again and again!
Super Simple Banana Bread
- 2-3 very ripe bananas, peeled
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- In a mixing bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until smooth (I let Happy Buddy do this and he had a blast!).
- Add the melted butter to the bananas and stir.
- Add the baking soda and salt; stir.
- Add the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla; stir.
- Mix in the flour.
- Pour batter into a buttered 4×8-inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or 1 hour and 10 minutes at 350 degrees (check the bread after 50 minutes).
- Cool on a rack.
Happy Banana Bread-ing! 🙂
Crafty Ashley B
Yay! I needed an easy recipe also! This looks like it’ll be super fun to put together with little kids too!