My husband LOVES this meal.
He literally almost begs me to make it the second it is October and the cans of pumpkin start hitting the shelves at our local grocery store.
It’s fairly easy to make and the smells make your house feel warm and cozy with fall.
- 8 oz. pkg cream cheese, cubed
- ⅔ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup butter, sliced
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- nutmeg to taste
- 16 oz penne pasta, cooked
- 16 oz maple-flavored ground pork sausage, browned and drained
- Combine cream cheese, Parmesan, butter, and milk in a saucepan. Cook over low heat until cream cheese is melted, stirring frequently.
- Stir in pumpkin and spices; cook until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Add cooked pasta and sausage.
- Toss lightly.
- Serve topped with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
I hope you like it!
– Julie 🙂