So every year when I get a new class of precious littles, I go about slowly introducing them to my Savior and His great love!
Here are a few ways I go about this…
I keep Jesus on our bulletin board. He moves around every day, but He is always watching over us!
At the end of our Morning Meeting or Circle Time, I will take Jesus off the bulletin board and hold him out in front of the kids. I will ask, “Does anyone know who this guy is?”
They respond with a loud, “JESUS!”
Then I say, “And who does Jesus love?”
And they say, “ME!”
I say, “That’s right! Jesus loves you!”
The children all think this is very exciting and I believe it makes them feel special.
And it should – because they most certainly are special – precious in His sight!
We repeat this activity over and over.
I like to drill it into their little brains so they never forget the awesome promise of the Lord’s great and unfailing love for them.
Other ways I teach toddlers about Jesus’ love for them…
- Sing Jesus Loves Me and God is so Good.
- Repeat “Jesus Loves Me” while pointing to heaven on ‘Jesus’, hugging yourself on ‘Loves’, and pointing to yourself on ‘Me’.
- Give each child a small mirror and while looking into the mirror say, “Jesus Loves Me!”
- Coloring pages that say “Jesus Loves Me” (I use THIS ONE).
- HERE is a great post with even more ideas and resources.
Finally, every day before the kids leave my classroom to go home, I line them up by the door and bless them by giving each child a sticker and saying,
“Mrs. B. loves you and JESUS LOVES YOU MOST OF ALL!”
I hope you found a few ideas here! Let’s daily ask God to use us in raising up the next generation of children of the King!
– Julie 🙂