I was at the store the other day trying to figure out something to get to make for dinner and I thought of this yumminess. So, I went to Happy Home Fairy to remind myself of the ingredient list and after searching and searching, I was so surprised to find that I have never posted this recipe!
This is one of those meals that I love to serve because both of my boys eat it without a fuss.
AND THERE ARE MULTIPLE VEGETABLES IN IT.
Mediterranean Beef and Pasta
- 1 lb beef stew meat (or 1 lb ground beef, browned and drained)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14 oz) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 jar (4.5 oz) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 T balsamic vinegar (I like to use Paul Newman’s Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing)
- 1 T drained capers
- 1 T dried, minced garlic
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 cups cooked penne pasta
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Spray 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In cooker, mix all ingredients except pasta, oil, pepper and cheese.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 7 to 9 hours.*
- About 15 minutes before serving, make pasta as directed on package. Stir pasta, oil and pepper into beef mixture. Serve with cheese.
*When I am short on time (what I really mean is when I don’t plan ahead), I use the ground beef version and cook it in a big covered pan for about 30 minutes – still delicious!
Happy Mediterranean Beef-ing! 🙂
Hi Julie–sounds yummy! I will definitely try. I use my crockpot all the time on days that I work. If the recipe requires chopping things I will try and do that the night before. Sometimes I’ll even add everything to the crock pot and stick it in the fridge overnight–then just drop it in, turn it on and go in the morning. It’s great to come home to a house that smells yummy and dinner almost done!
I love a slow cooker meal – looks like an easy one to do up with some different flavors – thank you for sharing