I have a really yummy recipe for you all today!
The back to school season can be so overwhelming for teachers as they learn their new students and establish their classroom routines and procedures. I wanted to give my preschool teaching team a little happy to show my appreciation for all that they pour into our program. I passed these adorable little jars out to each teacher and told them, “I know things feel a little ‘nuts’ right now, but thank you for being faithful!”
One teacher was at my desk 5 minutes later with an empty jar and a recipe request.
Mrs. Christoff, see below! 😉
- ½ cup plus 3 T butter
- 1½ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 10 cups bite-size crispy corn and rice cereal squares
- 4 cups pecan halves
- 2 cups mini pretzels
- Bring butter, brown sugar, and honey to a boil over medium heat in a heavy saucepan; boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and carefully stir in the vanilla extract.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large, disposable lightly buttered aluminum baking pan.
- Pour brown sugar mixture on top and stir gently.
- Bake at 250 degrees for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Pour out onto a sheet of aluminum foil that has been sprayed with non-stick vegetable spray; cool.
- Break apart.
- Store in an airtight container.
Has life been feeling a little nuts for you, too? I am amazed at how fast the days are flying by and how little I am accomplishing. The boys might not have their homework fully done, their water bottles are almost always left at home on the kitchen counter, and we are late for school basically every day, but if everyone is wearing shoes and breathing, then I feel like I am winning at life.
This is what we call lowering the bar.
So for all my friends in the thick of “nutty”, I hope this recipe has you coming back for more!