*I have a brand new post featuring 8 new Valentine games! Find it HERE or click the image above!*
Are you in charge of your child’s class Valentine Party?
So I have been busy collecting some fun game ideas to make it a blast for everyone!
1. Heart Treasure Hunt – Pick up a package of heart-shaped erasers (I saw a pack of 50 Valentine-themed erasers in the dollar bins at Target). Hide the erasers around your house or classroom.
Then send your kids out for an un-BEAT-able treasure hunt!
2. Licorice Race – Have each family member (or player) put the end of a long piece of red string licorice in his/her mouth. Then everyone must put their hands behind their back. The first person to eat the whole piece of licorice – without using their hands – WINS!
*This is quite hilarious. You better video it. 🙂
3. Spin the Bottle – Not what you think! 🙂 Wayyyy better than that version you played in middle school!
Play the game as a family, but change the rules… Whenever the bottle points to someone, the spinner must say something nice about that person. Then they can give that person a Hershey’s Kiss. So sweet. 🙂
4. Paint Yourselves Red – Give a prize to the family member who can wear the most red and/or pink to a special Valentine’s Day dinner.
5. Heart-a-Stack – Making a tower of hearts isn’t as easy as you think!
Buy a few bags of small conversation hearts. The object of the game is to build the tallest tower in an allotted amount of time (like 30 seconds). When the time is up, the players counts their hearts to see who is the winner. This is so much fun!
- 6. Matchmaker – This fun word game tests your knowledge of famous pairs. Divide players into 2 teams and form two rows facing each other. The first player on one side begins by asking the first player on the other team to complete this famous couple:
“Romeo and …..” the opposing player says “Juliet”.
Continue down the row of players and then the other team starts…. “peanut butter and …..” – jelly.
“Cookies and…….” – milk.
“Eggs and……” – bacon.
“Cinderella and …..” – Prince Charming.
“Samson and …..” – Delilah.
And so on.
I played this game at my birthday party last year and we had so much fun.
Here’s a video to understand how it could work. We divided into two teams and whichever team finished going through the list of pairs provided was the winner.
Here are the printable sheets of pairs we used in case you want to play this with your Happy Home. 🙂
7. Valentine Present Pass – Here is a fun poem to read while passing special Valentine presents.
Every time the word ‘pink’ is read, a present gets passed around a circle of players. The person holding the present at the end of the poem gets to keep it!
Our favorite color
Is pink, pink, pink!
And we always write letters
with pink, pink ink!
We like our lemonade
to drink, drink, drink,
but especially when
it’s a pink, pink drink!
We always use dishes
that are pink, pink, pink!
And wash them all clean
in a pink, pink sink.
If we had some pink paint
we think, think, think
we would paint the whole world
in pink, pink, pink!
8. Love Pox – This last game is my FAVORITE.
Sassy Sites has all the instructions (and some adorable pictures of her Happy Buddies all covered in Love Pox), but the idea is to stick Love Pox (red and pink circle stickers) on another person and at the same time tell them something you love about them.
This would even be a fun game to play in the bedroom with your Happy Hubby…
Wink, wink! 🙂
Now I hope you’ve got all the fun you can handle!
Happy Valentine’s Day Game-ing! 🙂