Our preschool celebrates Grandparent’s Day around the same time that Valentine’s Day falls, so I always like to put together a sweet heart-themed craft for my students to give to their grandparents when they visit.
This craft is SO EASY.
You could whip this together in one afternoon and you probably already have all of the necessary supplies!
- Sturdy paper plate
- Red paint
- Red and pink cut-out hearts
- Valentine stickers
- Glue, tape, scissors
- Cut a circle out of the center of the plate. I used the lid to an old formula container to do this step.
- Have your child paint the plate red.
- Let it dry.
- Glue paper hearts around the plate.
- Add stickers.
- Cut out a large photo of your child’s face so that it fits inside the circle. Tape to the back of the plate.
- Tape a piece of looped ribbon to the back to make a wreath.
- Give to someone you love!
Here are a few more wreaths from my class…