I am planning to make this on Halloween for our family to enjoy after a crisp, fall afternoon of Trick or Treating in 80-degree South Florida.
- 1½ lbs ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 29 oz. can tomato sauce
- 2 cubes beef bouillon
- 2 (1¼ oz) pkgs. chili seasoning mix
- 7 oz. can diced green chiles
- 16 oz. can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 16 oz. can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Garnish: shredded Cheddar, cheese, sour cream, minced onion
- Brown beef, onion, and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat; drain.
- Mix remaining ingredients together and add to beef.
- Cover and cook on low heat for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Top servings with shredded cheese, sour cream, and minced onion.
In case you are wondering, I didn’t win the prize for this delicious chili recipe.
A lady named Jan from one of my Gooseberry Patch cookbooks did.
I think you will find that the prize was, indeed, well deserved. 🙂
*This chili tastes EXCELLENT alongside my famous Cheddar Biscuits! Recipe HERE!*
Leave a Comment