So when I discovered this Irish Beef Stew over at Kraft Foods, the Happy Hubby and I were thrilled to be able to feel festive on St. Pat’s Day without having to force ourselves to eat something neither of us enjoy!
I shared this recipe a few years ago with one of my dear friends and it quickly became a staple in her Happy Home too! I hope that you enjoy it!
Irish Beef Stew
- 1-1/2 lb. boneless beef round steak, trimmed, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) beef broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 env. (0.8 oz.) GOOD SEASONS Garlic & Herb Dressing Mix
- 1 lb. red potatoes (about 3), cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 3 carrots (6-1/2 oz.), cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 3 cups hot cooked noodles
- COAT meat with flour. Heat oil in Dutch oven or large deep skillet on medium-high heat. Add meat and onions; cook and stir until browned. Stir in broth, tomatoes and dressing mix. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally; cover. Simmer on low heat 15 min., stirring occasionally.
- ADD potatoes and carrots; simmer, covered, 45 min. or until meat is tender and sauce is thickened, uncovering after 30 min. and stirring occasionally.
- SERVE over noodles.
And may I recommend… Irish Beef Stew tastes especially delicious alongside my Leprechaun Treasure Biscuits!
Happy Irish Beef Stew-ing! 🙂