I’m aware that what you see above looks like a big pile of slop, but I promise you that it’s a big pile of DELICIOUSNESS. 🙂
This is one of my favorite slow cooker recipes.
And the Happy Hubby has given it his stamp of approval for the ‘A-List’.
- 1 1/4 lb boneless beef round steak, 1/2-3/4 inch thick (I had a second package of steaks, but had already thrown them in the slow cooker before I remembered to take some pictures for you!)
- 1 package (8 oz) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, sliced, separated into rings
- 1 can (10 1/2 oz) condensed French Onion soup
- 1 package (6 oz) 10-minute herb stuffing mix
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Spray a large slow cooker with cooking spray. Cut beef into 6 serving-size pieces. In cooker, layer half each of the beef, mushrooms, and onion; repeat layers. Pour soup over top.
- Cover; cook on LOW heat setting 8-10 hours.
- In medium bowl, mix stuffing mix, butter, and 1/2 cup liquid from slow cooker. Toss to mix. Place stuffing on top of mixture in slow cooker. Increase heat setting to HIGH. Cover; cook 10 minutes longer or until stuffing is fluffy!
- Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook until cheese is melted.
What a perfect meal to enjoy after a day outside in the cold stringing Christmas lights! 🙂
Happy French Onion Beef-ing!
It even looks like it smells good!
HE-HE! it did look like a bunch of slop first! but im sure its Delicious just like you said!
Can’t wait to try this recipe. If Happy Hubby says it is good enough for the A-List it is good enough for me!!
This was DEE-LISH. You were right, it did look like slop. Great on a cold day!