One thing you can always count on at my husband’s family’s events is a big pan of good ole’ fashioned baked beans.
And this recipe is simply the best!
With Labor Day coming up, I thought you might like to serve these beans alongside some burgers and dogs and broccoli salad (shown above).
You won’t be sorry!
- 4 to 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb. ground beef chuck
- 5 (14½ oz.) cans pork and beans
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 tsp. mustard
- ⅛ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Brown bacon, onion, and ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat; drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together remaining ingredients.
- Stir into ground beef mixture.
- Spread into a greased 9x13 baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
I am so excited! My mom and dad are coming into town this weekend!
Do y’all have any plans?
Maybe they will include these beans? 🙂
I make mine like this and also add sausage. Just fry it down with the ground meat and toss in. De-lic-ious!!
Happy Home Fairy
Michelle! What a GREAT and delicious idea!! LOVE it!!!
Very similar to my family’s recipe except the ground beef. A staple at all our cookouts but since we are already grilling meat of some kind we love out the g.b. We will definitely be having these tomorrow!