*This post contains affiliate links for your convenience! Thank you for supporting this site and my family! See my full disclosure HERE!*
I feel the need to put a MASSIVE disclaimer on this post! I am not a makeup expert. This little routine I have created over the last several years is missing certain parts that are probably very important (primer? powder? moisturizer? I don’t know), but I don’t have time or money for ALL THE MAKEUP. So this is my very streamlined, semi-amateur routine featuring the products I use – and let me tell you something – it is QUICK, it is COST EFFECTIVE, and it looks good!
At least that’s what my mom tells me. 😉
Now that I have laid the groundwork for my credibility, here is the nitty gritty on my favorite makeup products and how I use them each day for a fresh, natural look.
1. IT COSMETICS Bye Bye Under Eye Corrector ($29) – I discovered this stuff when I was pumping every 3 hours around the clock for my NICU baby and it is a GAME CHANGER for erasing those terrible dark circles. It’s like a miracle jar that gives you a full 8 hour’s night of rest on your face! This is the first thing I put on as a part of my makeup routine. I know it has a higher price tag, but I have been using the same tiny jar for an entire year and there is still a lot left. And I have some major bags to cover, people. A little goes a long way. I use the LIGHT shade.
2. Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Powder Foundation ($21.60) – IN LOVE with this foundation. If you are not a fan of liquid foundation, THIS IS YOUR ANSWER. I do a quick apply all over my face and it completely evens out my skin tone, lasts all day, and feels like velvet. I use the LIGHT NEUTRAL shade.
3. L’Oreal Paris True Match Blush, Tender Rose ($6.59) – This blush looks so natural! And it is under $10! So many pretty color choices, but I like Tender Rose the best.
4. New York Color Brow and Liner Pencils, Jet Black, (Pack of 2) (less than $2!) – So I know this is more of an eyebrow pencil, but I have been using it as eyeliner for YEARS and I looove it. I put it across my upper eyelid – not the bottom (that makes my eyes look smaller and goth-like). Goes on easy and lasts well — unless the humidity is 1000% and I am running on the treadmill.
5. CoverGirl Eye Enhancers 3 Kit Shadow, Shimmering Sands (about $7) – One of my best friends in high school introduced me to this eyeshadow and I have used it ever since. That was like over 14 years ago (note necessary use of makeup item #1). THIS IS THE PRETTIEST, MOST AFFORDABLE EYESHADOW EVER. Seriously – I use the shade all the way to the right all over my lid and up to my eyebrows, then I use the shade all the way to the left to go in the the crease of my lid. I’m sure I could be using this even better than I do, but, as I said, I am not a makeup expert. I just know what I like and what I think looks good!
6. MAC Cosmetics Soft Serve Eye Shadow Must Be Lust ($13.20) – Y’all know I love me some GLITTER. A sweet friend of mine gifted me this eye shadow recently and it has changed. my. life. I use a small eye brush to apply this to the crease and some of my lid and it adds the lightest, prettiest shimmer. I also LOVE THIS similar version in the color ELEGANT from Younique.
7. Maybelline New York Volume Express Mega Plush Washable Mascara, Blackest Black ($7) – I have tried ALL the mascaras and this one is my favorite and it’s really cheap! For a bigger splurge, y’all know how I feel about Younigue’s Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lashes! I have also tried Mary Kay’s Lash Love Mascara and loved that, too.
8. wet n wild Megaslicks Lip Gloss, Rasp-berry Voice ($2) – Mr. B. is not a fan of lipstick or lipgloss, so if I want to make-out with my hubby, then I usually skip this step. 😉 But for special occasions, photos, etc. I will throw this on for a pop of color! Plus, it’s only like $2 in drugstores.
What do you think? See anything new you want to try? I would love to hear your favorite products, too! Leave a comment below!
Finally, though, I want to leave you with one last disclaimer >> Makeup is fun and helps ease some of the effects of Mother Nature, but the best beauty routine you can follow is the one that includes knowing and loving Jesus.
Psalm 19:8 says, “The commands of the Lord are radiant, giving light to the eyes.” Digging into God’s Word is way more effective than eyeshadows and under eye creams. Do you remember when Moses came down from Mount Sinai? Exodus 34 says that the skin of Moses’ face shone because He had been spending time with the Lord. Why are we spending so much money on anti-aging serums and skin treatments when we have access to the King of King’s beauty treatments? We just need to throw ourselves at His feet and seek the Lord with all that we have! We learn this encouragement in Samuel 16:7 when Samuel is sent to anoint David as king and God reminds him that people like to pay attention to the outward appearance, but God only cares about the heart.
Seeing a theme here? We can take care of our outward bodies, but ultimately we don’t have to freak out about things not looking perfectly perfect because the beauty that will last is the beauty that comes from being a woman who loves Jesus.
“Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last; but a woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised.” Proverbs 31:30