Granted, it’s not the most kid-appealing dish (we had to bribe the Happy Buddy with M&M’s to finish his plate :-)), but the Happy Hubby and I were practically swimming in our plates with joy.
It makes your Happy Home smell sooooooooooo amazing.
I’d love to know what you think if you make it!
- 1 1/2 lb peeled butternut squash, cut into 1″ chunks (about 4 cups)
- 1 lb chicken breasts, cut into 1″ chunks
- 1 large red pepper, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1/2 cup tomato salsa
- 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 tsp each cumin, minced garlic, and salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
Mix all ingredients except chickpeas and parsley in a 3 quart or larger slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4-5 hours or on LOW for 7-9 hours. Stir in chickpeas and parsley (I have to be honest – I always forget to add those last two ingredients and it’s still just as yummy!). Serve over rice or couscous.Happy Mediterranean Chicken-ing! :-)