But this one is BY FAR his ultimate ULTIMATE favorite!!!
I make this easy casserole whenever we entertain or have to bring a meal to someone in need. It is quick, easy, and absolutely scrumptious!
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 pkg. (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken
- 1/2 cup water (I use chicken broth for a little extra flavor if I have it on hand!)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (I like to use the 6-cheese Italian blend – yum!)
- MIX tomatoes, stuffing mix, water and garlic just until stuffing mix is moistened.
- LAYER chicken, basil and cheese in 3-qt. casserole or 13×9-inch baking dish.
- TOP with stuffing. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until chicken is done.
- SERVE with mashed potatoes and something green like roasted zucchini!