I don’t know about you, but it seems that every single one of my friends is having a baby or getting pregnant these days, so babies are kind of on my mind!
To kick things off, I am sharing my top favorite games to play at Baby Showers – and no, I am not going to encourage you to eat mashed up chocolate bars out of diapers! 🙂
1. What’s In the Bag? – Gather up some lunch bags and place small baby items in them. Number the bags and secure them closed. Have guests feel the bags and write down what baby item they think is in the bag. The person that guesses the most right is the winner! Give all of the items to the Mom-to-Be at the end of the shower! Here is a list of ten items I put in bags for a recent shower I hosted.
- Baby nail clippers
- Small bottle of baby wash
- Baby sock
- Baby comb
- Nasal Aspirator
- Baby medicine dispenser
2. Play Dough Babies – This game is HILARIOUS! Purchase several small containers of brightly colored play dough. Hand out to guests and have them sculpt their best version of a baby. The Mom-to-Be gets to choose her favorite baby as the winner!
3. My Water Broke – Stick some
creepy plastic babies (you can find them at Party City!) in an ice cube tray, fill with water and then freeze. Guests receive cups upon their arrival with a frozen baby ice cube. The first person whose ice melts must shout, “My water broke!” and gets a special prize. Variations of this could be having one frozen baby ice cube and have guests predict what time the baby will be born, or how long the mother’s labor will be. Whoever is closest to the time the ice cube melts is the winner! Just make sure someone keeps an eye on the baby! 🙂
4. Pass the Present – I love this fun poem that you can do at the end of a shower to see who gets the final gift giveaway or centerpiece.
Read this out loud to your guests…
1. The news is out, quick send a cable, the gift goes to the lady across the table.
2. If someone wears a dress of blue, she must take this gift from you. If blue cannot be seen, it goes to the one wearing green.
3. I will now read another verse… Please pass it to the gal with the largest purse.
4. We are getting tricky, here is a real humdinger! Pass it to the one with the most rings on her fingers.
5. Wow! What a success! Pass it to the guest with the most buttons on her dress.
6. Alas, this gift is not for you. It now goes to the one with the largest shoe.
7. Let’s get this party started girls… Pass it to the one with the cutest curls.
8. Mommy is anxious. Daddy is nervous. Now pass this to the lady who drove the furthest.
9. There won’t be time to practice, there won’t be time to rehearse. Pass this gift to the gal with the most money in her purse!
10. We hope you all are having fun. We have tried to include most everyone. From the largest purse to the largest shoe, pass this gift to the right of you.
11. We’re ending this rhyme, this is the last poem, the gift you are holding is yours to take home.
5. Diaper Pins – They take a certain bit of time to make, but aren’t they cute?? I’ve done this for several showers that I have hosted! Simply fold white felt squares into a diaper shape and secure with a safety pin. I used pink or blue puffy paint to add a little bow. I also like to thread a piece of pink or blue yarn through the diaper so that it makes a little necklace for the guest to wear throughout the party. No one knows until the end when they are all opened together that one of the diapers has a mini chocolate chip in it and whoever has the poopy diaper is the winner!
I know your baby shower will be a BLAST with one of these great game ideas (and everyone will be thankful they didn’t have to taste-test baby food while blind-folded).
Happy Baby Shower Game-ing! 🙂