Here are a few quick and easy ideas to celebrate the game…
1. A football helmet makes a clever ice bucket or handy dip server!
2. Food for the Fans – Throw some of this Hubby Loves It Chili or my Meatball Glory recipe in your slow cooker, fill bowls with chips and salsa, whip up some pigs in a blanket, and the snack mix below. Oh, and don’t forget the Oreo Ball Footballs.
3. A quick snack idea if you didn’t have time to make my recipe for THE GREATEST SNACK MIX EVER – Toss 1 bag of popped popcorn with a bunch of dried cranberries and a bunch of honey roasted peanuts. Combine some powdered sugar with a couple of teaspoons of cinnamon and sift over the popcorn mixture. This is ONE OF MY FAVORITE quick and easy snacks. I think I ate this every night during my first trimester with the Happy Buddy. :-)
If you happen to be a Packers fan, call it Packers Popcorn and decorate like in the picture below!
4. An activity for the kids if they are not that into watching football – Give them a few products (bag of chips, toothpaste, a random sock, a rock, etc. – the more obscure the better) and tell them that they need to come up with their own amazing commercials featuring the random items to share during half time. This will be hilarious.
5. Play Wall Football – basically like Pin the Tail on the Donkey but trying to get the footballs inside the goal post.
6. Make copies of this printable Super Bowl Predictions Game. Players fill in their predictions at the beginning of the game and then tally the points at the end to see who is the winner. Super fun!
The Happy Hubby, Happy Buddy and I are getting together with some friends for the game! I’m so excited! I love any excuse to celebrate something! :-)
I hope your favorite team wins!
Happy Super Bowl-ing! :-)