It is literally like eating candy it is so divine!
And with all the juicy red of the strawberries, I thought it made for a pretty Valentines-y presentation! What a great thing to serve at your Valentine’s Day Celebration!
I know that you and your Sweetheart are going to LOVE it!
Sweetheart Strawberry Brie Salad
- 1 1/2 cups sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 heads romaine, torn
- 1 (8 oz) round Brie cheese, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 pints strawberries, sliced
- Poppy Seed Dressing
- Combine almonds and sugar in a saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until the sugar begins to melt and the almonds turn light brown, stirring constantly.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes longer, stirring constantly.
- Spread on a sheet of foil.
- Let stand until cool.
- Break into bite-sized pieces.
- Mix the romaine, cheese, strawberries, and almonds in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with Poppy Seed Dressing and toss to coat. Serves 8.
Note – May prepare the almonds 1 day in advance. Store in airtight container.
Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1/2 cup salad oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp poppy seeds
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp minced onion
- Combine the salad oil, sugar, vinegar, poppy seeds, dry mustard and onion in a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Cover the jar and shake to mix.
Note – May be prepared 1 day in advance and stored, covered, in a refrigerator.
I promise, if you make this salad – you will NOT BE SORRY!
Happy Sweetheart Strawberry Salad-ing! 🙂