Can you tell that it’s summer because I am posting more recipes?? I love having the extra time to feed my family beyond the Mickey-shaped nuggets we get at Costco. 😉
With that said, I still make these yummy turkey cheeseburgers during the school year because they are so easy to put together.
Plus, these turkey cheeseburgers have shredded zucchini hidden inside – a win for me and my picky eaters!
- 1 pkg (1-1/4 lb) ground turkey
- 1 medium-size zucchini, trimmed and grated (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 4 hamburger buns
- Lettuce, tomato (optional)
- Mix turkey, zucchini, cheese, and spices in a large bowl.
- Form into 4-6 patties (sometimes I get even more if I don't make them very big).
- Place burgers on a broiler pan and broil about 2 inches from heat for 6 minutes.
- Flip burgers and broil for 6 more minutes, or until burgers register 165 degrees on a meat thermometer.
- Serve on buns and add your favorite toppings! I don't know what my boys would do if they didn't have ketchup.
– Julie 🙂
*Speaking of zucchini, did you know that August 8th (tomorrow) is National Leave a Zucchini on Your Neighbor’s Porch Day? I KNOW – weird. But REALLY fun. We did it a few years ago and had a blast. You can read about it and see our funny photos (and the best zucchini bread recipe) HERE.