These Holiday Brownies are my favorite to make when the new bags of seasonal-colored M&M’s come out.
*Note – Was anyone else especially psyched to see that this year there are now FALL-colored M&M’s?!? Usually they just make Halloween ones and then Christmas ones. But now we can celebrate with M&M’s through Thanksgiving! Wootwoot!*
The nurses at my OB/GYN remembered these brownies from when I had brought some to my appointment while pregnant with the Happy Buddy over two and a half years ago – and they asked me to make them again.
That’s how good they are.
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups M&M’s
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- Combine first 6 ingredients, stirring well.
- Add butter and stir until crumbly.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups crumb mixture; press remaining crumb mixture into a lightly greased 9×13 pan.
- Bake at 375 for 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350.
- Place 1 cup M&M’s in bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir.
- Microwave for 30 more seconds. Mash M&M’s with back of spoon.
- Stir in condensed milk and spread over crust.
- Combine remaining crumb mixture and M&M’s. Sprinkle evenly over chocolate mixture and press lightly.
- Bake at 350 for 25-28 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Eat so many that your tummy hurts!Pocket this recipe for Christmastime, as these brownies look really cute with red and green M&M’s, too!
Happy Holiday Brownie-ing! 🙂
MMMMM! They looks so good. Think I will make some for the girls I work with and the neighbors. Thank you!
gee-Thanks! Another way for me to put on another couple pounds this holiday season! 🙂 I AM excited to try them though! 🙂
So, I saw this yesterday and I thought I have to make them, they look so good! So I made them, and they are SO GOOD!!!! Thanks for the recipe =)