THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE. THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THIS SITE AND MY FAMILY! SEE MY FULL DISCLOSURE HERE.
I thought it would be fun to put together a gift guide for boys since I have a houseful of them!
Before I go any further, you should note that boys (and all children, really) do not need anything on this list. All they need is for you to open up your back door and send them outside with some good climbing sneakers and maybe permission to use the hose.
But if you are looking for a few Christmas gift ideas for your own boys, most of these items are things my boys use almost every day. It’s important to me to invest in gifts that won’t get tossed aside or broken after a few uses. I also like to find items that encourage creativity, exploration (outdoors is best!), and problem-solving skills. And if there is an item that sharpens a passion God has given them, then I jump to foster that! It is so fun to watch them play and grow!
Even if it means when they are done playing they come inside and track mud everywhere. 🙂
I hope you find some inspiration here!
EVERYTHING IS LINKED TO AMAZON WITH FREE 2-DAY SHIPPING FOR MOST ITEMS!
1. Nintendo Switch >> We were hoping for this to be the boys’ “big” gift this year, but then we ended up having to buy a car because we now have 5 people in our family and my little Kia Soul was suddenly acting like a clown mobile. This may not fit into the budget anymore, but I grew up on Mario Kart and know the boys would love it too!
2. Fitbit Ace for Kids >> Noah has this FitBit and it is so much fun. It works with the FitBit app and is tailored to kids. Whenever Noah meets his steps goal, the FitBit does a fireworks show! I love that it makes him motivated to be active.
3. Nerf Gun >> Need I say more? So many fun backyard adventures with this.
4. Nerf Elite Digital Target >> The boys played with some Nerf guns and a target at the mall the other day and they loved having something to practice their aim.
5. Walkie Talkies >> What little boy wouldn’t love having these? When the boys were in separate rooms, they loved chatting with one another when they were supposed to be sleeping at night. 😉 The range is awesome.
6. The 50 States Book >> Noah loves geography and uses this beautiful and fun book almost every day.
7. Sequence for Kids Game >> I will do a post on our favorite board games in January, but this is the boys’ favorite! It is so simple and requires just enough strategy without making it too hard.
8. Boogie Board LCD Writing Tablet >> My mother-in-law got these for the boys a few years ago and they use it all the time. It is perfect for long car rides.
9. Indoor Basketball Hoop >> We have a long hallway with 2 bedroom doors at either end. Noah hung one of these hoops on each door and now has his own indoor basketball court. He plays every day.
11. Dog Man Books >> These books are pretty ridiculous, but boys LOVE THEM. Even the most reluctant readers get hooked on Dog Man. Noah has read the series about 30 times. And there is a brand new one being released on Christmas Eve!
12. Baseball Base Set >> My mom bought the boys a set of bases several years ago and they get used all the time for backyard games.
13. Sports Dress-Up Uniforms >> Noah and Jethro love to “dress-up” when they are playing. Noah loves these play football uniforms for kids. He puts everything on and creates entire imaginary football games outside.
14. Bounce House Waterslide >> This is another super pricey item, but let me tell you something – WORTH IT. We got this for the boys 2 summers ago and they played outside for HOURS every single day. I don’t know who loved it more – them or ME and my quiet house. 😉
15. Ezyroller >> We don’t have this, but I have heard ALL the things about it! It is apparently like a glamorous scooter. My boys LOVE their bikes and scooters (they use them every day), so I could totally see them getting into these Ezyrollers. Plus, they are good for strengthening your core!
16. Trampoline >> We have this exact one in our living room and I’m not mad about it. When the boys are getting really hyper indoors, I make them jump. BOUNCE AND GIVE ME 20.
BOY MAMAS – WHAT AM I MISSING? 🙂
I can’t believe that Christmas is just one week from today!