I often find myself scrambling to come up with cute gift ideas to bring to the Hostess of whatever celebration we attend.
But because I love this season, inspiration is around every corner! Here is a compilation of my favorite things to take as Hostess Gifts or surprise Fall happies for teachers, friends, etc..
1. Cinnamon Broom – Holy moly. Seriously. Has anyone ever bought one of these??? You can find them at Publix for $3.99. They make your home smell amazing! This, by far, is one of my favorite things about the Fall. I once bought a cinnamon broom, tied a really cute brown and orange polka-dotted bow to the handle, and brought it to the Hostess of a dinner the Happy Hubby and I attended in October a few years ago. Inexpensive and creative!
2. Candles – Wal-Mart has DELICIOUS smelling candles for only a dollar! I am not even kidding about this. They have Fall-ish smells like Apple Cider and Pumpkin Spice. I like to buy a few, slip them in little party favor bags, and give them to Hostesses or friends.
What a simple (and cost-effective) way to welcome the smells of the season!
3. Spices – Fall is the season for BAKING! Things like pies and cobblers and crisps fill up our ovens this month. Why not purchase a small tub of Pumpkin Pie Spice, package it up in a cute party favor bag and attach your favorite Fall recipe?
So thoughtful and simple!
4. Magazine – Okay. I admit it. I am a magazine junkie. I subscribe to so many magazines I think our mailman thinks I have a problem! But one of my favorite things to do is curl up with a delish hot drink (hello apple cider) and flip through a Fall magazine.
I recently scrolled up October’s copy of Parents Magazine for a friend (she has a little one-year-old and I thought she’d enjoy their cute costume ideas), tied it with curling ribbon and a few silk leaves and gave it to her after church last Sunday. She LOVEd it!
5. Mums – My mom just told me the other day that Costco has inexpensive mums that come with a nice container. And Michael’s Arts and Crafts Stores carry a large selection of silk potted mums. These are so lovely.
I like to stick a small Scarecrow pick in the center of a Mum arrangement for an added touch.
*You can purchase scarecrow picks for a dollar at Wal-Mart.*
When you’re arriving at the Hostess’ house, just stick the Scarecrow in the ground – and SURPRISE! 🙂 You’ve instantly dazzled your friend’s front yard with Fall spirit.
Our Happy Home has a Scarecrow guy that sits outside our front door every Fall season.
This year the Happy Buddy named him Bob and cannot leave our house or come home without touching Bob’s nose.
Whatever idea you choose, the most magical thing about these gifts is modeling thoughtfulness and gratitude for your Happy Buddies.
Include them in the process if you can!
Pick one of the above gifts and have your child bring it to his/her teacher with a note of gratitude for a great year so far.
Or take a Scarecrow decoration to a friend’s house and then all of you pile out of the car, run up to the door, stick the Scarecrow in the ground, knock on the door and dash away! What fun!
Happy Fall Hostess Gift-ing!
“Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.” Matthew 9:37-38