If you remember my post HERE (and I am so sorry if you do – lol), I mentioned the struggle I have had with a picky eater.
We have been working on the Happy Buddy’s eating habits religiously for the last couple of months and I am proud to say we are headed in the right direction.
At least I know I am.
Because I am learning that part of the whole picky eater thing starts with a change in ME and how I run our fridge and pantry.
I will hopefully have some more thoughts and strategies for you about this when I feel a bit more confident in the results, but until then, I wanted to share with you one aspect of our journey.
When I buy groceries, I really try to take into account what is best and what is affordable for my family.
When Nature Raised Farms contacted me about sharing their incredible product, I jumped on it because I truly believe in their company’s mission (and now – after having tasted it – our entire Happy Home believes in their yummy chicken).
It’s getting pretty trendy these days to pay attention to what we eat – where our food comes from, how it’s handled, is it organic, does it contain GMOs, etc.
The more I read about Nature Raised Farms, the more I learned that they are fully committed to providing chicken that meets some pretty strict standards.
To name a few…
- Their chicken contains 100% all natural ingredients
- Their chickens have NEVER, ever, ever been given antibiotics
- Their chickens feast on a 100% vegetarian diet
- Their chickens never receive added hormones or steroids
- Their chickens are bred through natural selection – not genetic modification (which I don’t even know what that means but it sounds kind of scary and I like knowing that my food isn’t someone’s science project).
- Nature Raised Farms is certified by Third-Party Animal Welfare Agencies (which are organizations that are all about promoting and facilitating continuous improvement in the welfare of animals that are raised for food – gotta love that)
To top it off, Nature Raised Farms has an amazing selection of products such as fresh chicken breasts, thighs, tenderloins, drumsticks, whole chickens, and several frozen chicken options.
Since the start of our Veggie Boot Camp, I have tried to limit our consumption of processed foods and have been working to provide some healthier options. So one would think that chicken nuggets would be up there with the list of so-long foods, but when I saw that Nature Raised Farms had a delicious-looking whole grain nugget, I couldn’t resist.
The Happy Buddy was THRILLED when I told him what we were having for dinner.
I loved knowing that my boy was eating something that was not only awesome-tasting, but also super healthy.
Would you like to try Nature Raised Farms Chicken in your Happy Home??
I have a GREAT giveaway for you today!
You can win a beautiful Nature Raised Farms engraved bamboo cutting board, a branded reusable shopping bag AND a $10 gift card toward a purchase of Nature Raised Farms products at your local grocery store!
Simply follow these 3 steps…
1. Be a friend of the Fairy on Facebook (you can do that HERE).
2. Be a friend of Nature Raised Farms on Facebook (you can do that HERE).
3. Leave a comment with your name and whether or not you completed steps 1 & 2.
BONUS – You get HUGE
brownie BONUS points if you tell me that you shared this post in any of your social media networks (see sharing buttons below).
**Giveaway will end on Sunday (9/22) at midnight and I will announce the winner in a post on Monday.**
Happy Nature Raised Farms-ing! 🙂