I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Read my full disclosure policy here.
I turned 35 last week and I celebrated by coming home from work and taking a nap. And then eating a pizza. Because the best way to celebrate an aging metabolism is to eat more pizza.
This year I felt overwhelmed by the amount of kindness and generosity I experienced on my birthday! The day was filled with so many thoughtful little blessings from people I love. It not only fed my soul, it gave me a ton of new ideas to bless others on THEIR birthdays! I want to share some of those ideas with you today!
But before I share the ideas, here are 2 important tips as you set out to make someone’s birthday special…
KNOW WHAT THE BIRTHDAY PERSON LOVES
This is key! As you will see on the list below, you will need to know what your birthday person loves. Favorite drinks, treats, snacks, stores, or even details like whether or not they like surprises. Birthdays are for spoiling and it isn’t really spoiling if you give them something they don’t like!
TRY TO DO THESE IDEAS IN THE MORNING on their birthday
There is something about the morning of your birthday where the magic happens. I love that my parents call first thing in the morning on my birthday. It’s also fun to wake up to other birthday surprises like a special sign, balloon decoration, or breakfast. Try to start the birthday person’s day off on the right note!
For friends, family members, co-workers, and loved ones >> here is a compilation of 25 simple little ways you can celebrate someone’s birthday! Some of these ideas are inexpensive, some are a bit more, but they are all E-A-S-Y and FUN and guaranteed to make the birthday person happy.
25 Simple Ways to Celebrate Someone’s Birthday
- Write a card. Take the time to write a meaningful message. One of my favorite gifts this year was a TWO PAGE letter written by one of my dearest friends.
- Or do a funny card like THIS ONE or THIS ONE or THIS ONE. You could also opt to send a Hallmark ecard – they even have faith-based options!
- Get them their favorite drink and use THIS CUTE FREE PRINTABLE from Landeelu.
- Bring them a simple bouquet of flowers from the grocery store. A small bouquet of gerber daisies are happy and so is a sweet pot of tulips.
- Find out their favorite treat and bring that to them. I looove high quality dark chocolate and have quite a stash now!
- Trader Joe’s has a Happy Birthday Cake Candy Bar that is the PERFECT addition to a heartfelt card.
- Balloons! Tie them on their door knob to find in the morning. Or to their car door. Or desk chair.
- Tape a Burt’s Bees Lip Balm to a birthday card. Or do an Eos Lip Balm and THIS FREE PRINTABLE.
- Know someone who loves a good surprise? Stick one of these Magic Fairy Flying Butterflies inside the birthday person’s card. This is hilarious and SO FUN.
- Get them a Bible Verse Coloring Book and colored pencil set.
- Place a cupcake in their mailbox.
- Get them a cute monogrammed key chain like THESE.
- Send a text with the balloons feature if you have an iPhone. THIS MAKES ME SO HAPPY.
- Send a text with a funny gif. Search BIRTHDAY.
- Bring her this Happy Everything Bright Dot Tervis Tumbler filled with chocolates or a bunch of little notes saying why you love the birthday person.
- Tape a card to a bag of yummy Trail Mix.
- Email them a giftcard to their favorite store.
- Sneak into their house and put some of this Happy Birthday Toilet Paper in their bathroom.
- Have your kids make them a homemade card. These are THE BEST.
- Put “Happy Birthday” Confetti inside a card.
- Next time you are at Disney World, grab a few extra of their Happy Birthday buttons to personalize and give out to your birthday friends!
- Call them and sing to them. Or play them THIS INCREDIBLE BIRTHDAY SONG << a tradition in my family!
- If you really want to go the extra mile in magic, sneak this Happy Birthday Yard Card in their lawn to find when they wake up!
- Give her a Happy Birthday Glitter Tiara or Happy Birthday Sash to wear all day.
- Offer to bring the birthday person their favorite breakfast, lunch, or dinner! Food is important on birthdays! Food like pizza. 😉
How do you like to celebrate your friends and family on their birthdays?