It seems that when I am pregnant all I want to do is eat pizza.
But that’s a whole ‘nuther post!
In fact, when I was pregnant with the Happy Buddy, the Happy Hubby drove me all over creation trying to find a pizza place that would make me BBQ Chicken Pizza. For some reason, our little city was severely lacking in this particular deliciousness.
When one chef finally agreed to make it for me – special order – I almost leapt over the counter to give him a big hug!
With this pregnancy, I thought I’d try to make it a bit easier on the hubs and find a recipe good enough to satisfy the craving in me.
Easy BBQ Chicken Pizza
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 red pepper, chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp olive oil
1 (10 oz) can refrigerated pizza crust
1/2 cup BBQ sauce (ain’t nothing like Sweet Baby Rays!)
2 (6 oz) pkg refrigerated grilled chicken strips
2 cups Monterey Jack cheese with peppers (if you don’t mind the heat!), shredded
1. Saute first 4 ingredients in olive oil for about 8-10 minutes; drain well.
2. Press pizza crust into a lightly greased 9×13″ pan.
3. Bake at 400 degrees for 12-14 minutes.
4. Spread 1/2 cup BBQ sauce evenly over crust and arrange chicken over sauce.
5. Add onion mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley, if you’d like!
Whether you are pregnant or not, this pizza will make its way into your regular meal rotation, I’m sure.
Happy BBQ Chicken Pizza-ing!