I used to love making these little guys/gals when I was teaching!
They are super easy and super cute!
The Happy Hubby made one with me last year and we put them up in our kitchen during the month of February as an inexpensive decoration.
When I pulled them out from my Valentine’s box this year and showed it to my husband – sure that he would respond with some sort of sentimental expression like, “Oh, I remember making those with you! That was so much fun!”
He just looked at it with one eyebrow raised and proceeded to inform me that he had no idea where that Heart Person came from.
I think he was just trying to protect his ‘man’ image because he knew I was going to blog about it!!!!
Here they are!
the Happy Hubby’s a Heart Guy I found in my Valentine’s box that I am not sure who made it.
What you’ll need:
- Construction paper (pink, purple, red, or white, etc.)
- Markers, crayons, or colored pencils
- Glue or tape
- Googly eyes (optional)
- Cut a large heart out of pink (or whatever color you’d like!) construction paper to serve as the body of the heart man.
- Cut 2 smaller hearts out of pink construction paper for hands.
- Cut 2 medium size hearts out of pink construction paper for feet.
- Cut 4 strips of purple (or another color) construction paper that are approximately 1 inch wide. Fold the strips back and forth to create an accordion fold appearance.
- Glue (or tape to the back of the heart) two purple strips on either side of the large heart to form arms. Glue two purple strips at the base of the large heart to form legs.
- Glue the two small hearts to the ends of the arms and the two medium hearts to the ends of the legs.
- Glue the two googly eyes to the large heart and use a marker to draw on a smile.
- When the Happy Hubby and I finished our Paper Heart People, I taped a piece of ribbon to the back so that I could hang it from the knobs of our kitchen cabinets!
Happy Paper Heart Guy or Gal-ing!
*Image and Directions for Paper Heart People borrowed/modified from All Kids Network