Dear Happy Home Friends,
When I began this blogging journey, I didn’t know the first thing about what I was doing.
I seriously had only been to one other blog before I clicked a few buttons and Happy Home Fairy was born.
Needless to say, the more I poked around Blog World, the more I – in all honesty – struggled with envy!
I’d go to this site and be like, “Holy cow, I wish I had a camera like that.”
Then I’d go to this site and be like, “Sheesh – 20,000 subscribers?! I am not even worthy to share the internet with her!”
Then I’d go to this site and be like, “If only I could be a better writer…”
Then I’d go to this site and be like, “I wish I was funnier.” I think this a lot. I am not even kidding when I tell you that it takes me hours to come up with a good/clever/witty Facebook status or Tweet and then when I go back and read them they are not good/clever/witty at all! 🙂
Then I’d go to this site and be like, “My printables look like rotten apples compared to these perfect Georgia Peaches!”
Then I’d go to this site and be like, “What a beautiful blog design. Wouldn’t it be nice to have an extra couple hundred dollars lying around to make Happy Home Fairy look more glamorous?”
The list goes on.
But then there was that sweet nudge from the Lord that was like, “Dear Daughter that I died on the cross for – Stop looking around at what other people have and start fixing your eyes on me. Be faithful to what I have called you to do. It’s not about you at all – I’ve got this.”
Isn’t that so super humbling?
He reminded me of all of the followers I DO have (I love you all) who – for some reason only known by the Lord 🙂 – thought my camera from 1990 and lousy photography skills and free WordPress template blog design was worth coming back.
So I took the Lord’s advice.
I quit comparing myself with the countless amazing bloggers out there and began focusing on what was right in front of me – YOU and the message of Happy Homes that He has written so dearly on my heart to share.
And then God did the most precious thing.
Amazing Angela who offered to design a header and button for my little blog – for free.
What had once troubled me – God took it and cared about it and gave me the greatest and most undeserved present through Angela’s generous and oh-so-talented heart.
Please stop by Angela’s site and be blessed by all of the super FREE printables she offers to Happy Homes – this gal is truly the best of the best.
And if you are an email subscriber, please take a minute to check out the Fairy’s Facelift because I think you will LOVE what you will find…
- A new absolutely beautiful it-gives-me-goosebumps-whenever-I-look-at-it header
- A new blog button – If you have a blog or if I have featured one of your ideas, please feel free to grab it and add it to your collection! Wootwoot!
- The categories that were once at the top of the site are now in the sidebar – and I’ve added several more so that finding ideas, crafts, traditions, recipes, FREE printables and Date your Mate Magic from the past are just a click away!
- There is now a CONTACT link on my site with my email in case you want to tell me something magical about your Happy Home (I would LOOOOOOOVE that!) or want to share how one of the ideas here worked for you! I get giddy (not even kidding about that) when my readers contact me!
- And, as always, if you want to stay up to date on my not good/clever/or witty happenings :-), you can find me Tweeting HERE and on Facebook HERE – please pop by and give the Fairy a ‘like’!
And I want to thank the Lord for thinking that this little Fairy was worth it!
Happy Fairy Facelift-ing! 🙂