I am not sure if there is anyone out there who has been following me from the very beginning – seriously I love you for sticking with me!!!! – but 10 years ago one of my first posts on Happy Home Fairy was about how my mom used to make pudding for my brothers and me every summer (you can read about it HERE). I distinctly remember the magic of opening the fridge to see rows of glass bowls filled with pudding. It was the perfect end to a long day of playing outside in the sprinklers.
This memory is so sweet to me. I wanted to do something for my own boys!
Every summer we visit the beach for a week and I make chocolate pudding pops. They are so easy to make and they are absolutely delicious!
Plus, they are a LOT cheaper than the Ben and Jerry’s ice cream place that is down the street from where we stay on the beach. 😉
Noah says that if we ever go to the beach and I don’t make pudding pops then he will feel incomplete. 🙂
Next year I might blow his mind and add some crushed Oreos.
I know your kids will think they are the perfect summer treat, too!
- 1 package (3.9 oz) chocolate flavor instant pudding
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 cup whipped topping, thawed
- Beat pudding mix and milk in a medium-sized bowl with a whisk for 2 minutes.
- Stir in thawed whipped topping.
- Spoon into 6 paper or plastic cups.
- Insert wooden craft sticks in center of each cup.
- Freeze for 4 hours or until firm. Remove from cups before serving.
*Note – We used the 9 oz. red Solo plastic cups!
I hope these pops get caught “pudding” a smile on your face! 😉