Doesn’t that just look like a bowl-full of fall?
Beef Barley Soup, people, is where autumn’s at!
I made this the other day for dinner and it ushered us all right into the season.
- 1½ lbs ground sirloin
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 3 (10¼ oz) cans beef consommé (Campbell's makes this)
- 1 can tomato soup
- 4 large carrots, finely chopped
- 3 sticks celery, finely chopped
- 2 cups water
- 8 T barley
- Fresh parsley
- Brown meat with onions and drain.
- Combine rest in a big ole’ pot.
- Add some pepper and other seasonings to taste.
- Cover and simmer for 2 hours or all day!
*Want to know the recipe for those delicious-better-than-Red-Lobster’s-biscuits you see floating on the side of the plates in these photos? Go HERE – your life is about to change!*
**Want this soup recipe as a cute printable along with some other yummy fall comfort meals? Find it HERE!**
Happy Beef Barley Soup-ing! 🙂
Matt & Dana Clark
beef! you are speaking my love language! 🙂 haha
HOW DID THE RETREAT GO??? am praying it was SUCH a sweet time for your friend. love you so so much.
Made your pumpkin crunch cake recipe yesterday from the MOMS booklet…Oh my GOSH – it is amazing!!! YUM!! I think I’m going to make this again at Thanksgiving! 🙂 I got a stomach ache I ate so much of it! 🙂 Thanks Julie!!