One of my favorite things that happens at Christmas is when NED comes to visit!
“Um, who is Ned???”
I’m glad you asked. Let me introduce you…
Ned is our magic elf that comes to live with our family during the month of December. Every night while the Happy Home sleeps, Ned frolics around getting into trouble! When we wake up in the morning we always find Ned doing something silly.
Here are a few things we’ve found Ned doing so far…
The deal is that at the beginning of the Christmas season, Santa generously sends one (or more, if you specially request it) elf(ves) to keep an eye on all the good little boys and girls in the house. Magic Elves roam the house at night and pop up in unlikely places each morning. Usually they are caught in very mischievous situations, so watch out! Those elves are tricky!
There is an entire website devoted to Elf Magic! People write in and share their Elf’s adventures, or “Elfcapades.” You will not believe what kinds of crazy stunts these little guys and gals pull!
Here are some of my favorite “Elfcapades” that were shared…
- The elf made a fort in the pantry out of every can and cereal box.
- The elf took coat hangers and hooked them together on the ceiling fan and then was caught climbing up halfway.
- The elf hid in the microwave with a mug of hot chocolate.
- The elf poured flour all over the kitchen tables and counters and made snow angels.
- The elf made the toilet green (food coloring) and then wrote on the mirror with Mom’s lipstick.
- The elf was found sitting on a stack of books in the driver’s seat of the car, which had been moved down the street!
- The elf rearranged furniture.
- The elf pulled some old beach chairs out to the front lawn and sat under the sky looking at the stars all night.
- The elf filled the tub with marshmallows and took a bath.
- The elf got into a snowball fight and there were snowballs (cotton balls) EVERYWHERE!
- The elf toilet papered the living room and left a note that said, “Do you like my snow castle?”
- The elf pulled out all of the Christmas movies and sat on the couch watching them for the entire night, eating popcorn and drinking Coke.
- The elf decorated every plant in the house with Christmas tinsel.
- The elf made a snowman out of playdough.
- The elf baked a Happy Birthday Jesus cake and then let the kids eat it for breakfast!
- The elf had set the digital camera on a tripod and took pictures of himself posed in all sorts of strange and hilarious ways.
- The elf dressed up in the doll dress-up clothes.
- The elf gift-wrapped all of the kids’ school books and put them in their book bags.
- The elf was found in the oven with a gingerbread-house-making kit!
- The Happy Home Fairy says that Magic Elves are often known to provide little boys and girls each day with a Bible Verse Advent Card to learn about the true meaning of Christmas. 🙂
There are like 100 million more stories over at Elf Magic!
Here is a great resource for you to include with your elf when it arrives for the first time! It’s a letter from Santa, himself, explaining what the elf is going to do! Just click the image to print out your letter!
When December 24th rolls around, Ned always heads back to be with Santa and give his report about our Happy Home’s behavior. It’s sad, because we will miss our mischievous Ned, but this poem helps us feel a little better…
Our time with you this Christmas
Has come to an end
It’s been fun making magic
And seeing you again
You’ve taken such good care of us
We hate to say goodbye
But Santa needs us back at the North Pole
And now we’ll tell you why
Today we’re having a party
To celebrate Jesus’ birth
You see this Christmas giving
Started with Him first
God gave us the greatest gift
That first Christmas day
When He gave the world His son
To show us the way
So while we’ve had fun playing
And making mischief the whole night through
The true purpose of our visit
Is to remind you that “GOD LOVES YOU”
Merry Christmas & see you next year!!!
Happy Magic Elf-ing! 🙂