December 25th is such a special day – full of magic and wonder and joy.
May your Happy Homes relish in the miracle of Jesus’ birth and in the simple pleasures He gives you to enjoy tomorrow, for example (with links to some of my favorite posts this month)…
- New pajamas.
- A family prayer around the tree before opening presents.
- Children with messed up hair and eyes fresh from sleep – filled with excitement!
- Placing Baby Jesus in the Manger.
- The smell of cinnamon buns…
- Putting new toys together.
- “No assembly required.”
- Something warm to drink.
- Having a Wrapping Paper Battle after it’s all over.
- Answering the phone by saying, “Merry Christmas!”
- Saying good-bye to your Magic Elf and getting his note!
- Traveling to Grandma’s house.
- Greeting people with excitement – even if you see them often.
- Finding Reindeer Poop in the yard.
- The smell of Christmas dinner cooking in the kitchen.
- The whole family gathered around the table to eat.
- Having great conversation with loved ones.
- Kissing the Happy Hubby under some mistletoe.
- A nap! 🙂
- Watching a Christmas movie.
- Visiting someone who works on Christmas Day and giving them a plate of food or treats.
- Reading a book that you really wanted and just received as a gift.
- Watching children play happily.
- Forgotten presents.
- A note from Santa left for your kids.
- Christmas cookies.
- Playing board games and letting everyone else win.
- Finding the pickle ornament on the tree!
- Calling people and singing, “Joy to the World!” or “We Wish You a Merry Christmas!”
- Flying a Happy Birthday flag outside your home.
- Singing Happy Birthday to Jesus.
- Baking a Birthday Cake for Jesus.
- Reading the Christmas Story from Luke 2.
- Telling each other Christmas jokes like, “What do you get when Santa goes down a chimney with a lit fire? CRISP Cringle!” or, “What is the first thing elves learn in school? The ELF-abet!”
- A family sandwich on the couch.
- Joining hands and thanking God for His “indescribable gift”!
“One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don’t clean it up too quickly.” Andy Rooney
Merry Christmas to all my Happy Home Friends!
Happy Merry Christmas-ing! 🙂