Yesterday I shared a cute idea called New Mom Meal Mail – a postcard that you can attach to your Baby Shower Gift as a way of offering a meal to the Mom-to-Be.
Today I want to bring you the best of the bestest ideas on Baby Shower Gifts EvErY mom will LOVE!
Well, at least I hope they would love them! These gift suggestions are really just my own little opinions – for what it’s worth!
Let me begin by hopping on my soap box and sharing my TOP 3 FAVORITE things we received for our Happy Buddy before he was born.
1. Video Monitor – Holy cow. I honestly would say that this is the GREATEST invention EvEr. I am not even kidding about that! Although pricey, if ours broke today, we would run right out for a new one because of all its wonderful benefits! This would be a good gift to have a bunch of people pitch in to make it affordable!
Having a video monitor allowed me to stress less about what our little monkey was doing in his crib. I knew when he was quietly running laps around his crib instead of taking a nap. I knew that even though he was crying (Boy, am I glad sleep-training days are somewhat over!), he was safe. I knew that he was breathing in the middle of the night when I awoke and just wanted to peek… especially when he started sleeping on his tummy!
You see, it’s not so easy for us to slip into the Happy Buddy’s room unnoticed. When the door was first hung, it fits a little snug so that whenever it is opened, it makes this huge CREEK-ing sound that wakes the Happy Buddy every time. Having the video monitor kept us from unnecessary door creek-city awakenings, as well as helped me gain the peace of mind and confidence a terrified new momma needed! It has also been great for traveling and we can keep a watchful eye on the buddy in a new place.
2. Baby Bjorn (or any baby carrier/wrap!) – I looooooooooooved the days when I could strap the Happy Buddy to the front of my body and go shopping without him trying to wiggle out of the grocery store cart, or pull all the boxes of cereal off the shelves, or play “Stack-the-Blocks” with the items in the produce section.
Not only that, I loved having the Happy Buddy so close to me – all warm and snuggly! Sometimes the Bjorn was the only place I could get him to go to sleep! My Happy Home Friend, Abbie, made that wrap for me when the Happy Buddy was born! What a blessing!!!
Click to Buy
3. Trumpette Socks – Aren’t those socks just the cutest things EVER?! One of our dear friends gave the Happy Buddy a pack of these socks, and LeT mE tElL yOu!!! I got the most compliments in the world on those things! I once spent 25 minutes trying to put a stiff, tiny baby shoe on the Happy Buddy’s 6-week-old feet and gave up, only to reach for these adorable socks as the alternative, and I NEVER looked back! There are even Mary Jane and ballerina versions for girls! This is a gift that will bring so much joy to the new mom!!! Check the socks out HERE.
Those are my 3 favorite Baby Shower gifts, but here is a list of a few more that I compiled – sure to be winners!!!!
Click to Buy!
4. Baby Legs – I had never heard of baby leg warmers or BabyLegs until a few months ago. They are sooooooooooo cute and wonderfully convenient for diaper changes because there is no taking down or unbuttoning of pants. They’re also nice to keep your Happy Buddy’s legs from getting rug burn while he or she is crawling around. A creative and fun, yet practical gift!
Click to Buy!
5. Robeez Shoes – When the Happy Buddy grew out of his Trumpette socks, these Robeez shoes were the next best thing!!! Total comfort, takes just a second to slip on, and style!!!6. Diapers!!!! – Any New Momma would be THRILLED to receive a box of these babies (unless, of course, they are doing the cloth diaper thing. Find out first!)!!! If you are hosting a shower, have a diaper raffle! Any guest that brings a box of diapers gets entered into the raffle to receive a killer prize!
Click Image for Photo Credit
7. Books – My Happy Home Friend, Marcy, told me from the very beginning to make books a part of the Happy Buddy’s toys and playtime experiences. So, whenever someone gifted us a book – I couldn’t have been more thrilled!
A great idea using books… I once threw a shower for a friend and asked all of the guests to bring a book with a personalized message in the inside cover for the baby. She was overwhelmed with the wonder of her new book collection and all of the sweet things each guest wrote. A forever treasure!!
Go to THIS SITE for some adorable poems you could use as a part of the invitations for a Baby Book Shower! My faves are Book Poems 1 and 5!
7. Magazine Subscriptions – I happen to be a magazine junkie, but Parents, Family Fun, or Thriving Family (which is FREE) are three of my favorite parenting mags. Not that new moms have a lot of extra time for pleasure reading, but it’s a thoughtful and creative gift!!!
8. Mommy Pajamas for the Hospital – I will never forget the pajamas that my mom bought for me the day I had the Happy Buddy. It was so magical to have a new pair of comfy, fun, and nursing-friendly pj’s to sport while in the hospital. That was definitely a gift to remember!
Click to Buy!
9. Gift for the Grandma – At my shower for the Happy Buddy, someone brought a gift for my mom! A Grandma Brag Book! I thought that was so super CLEVER!!!!!
10. Dust Buster – Every mom needs one of those!
The above ideas are great, but in my chattings with other Happy Home Mommies, their most important gifts came from their registry – so I encourage you to stick to what you know they will love!!! And maybe throw in a fun extra, like the above, if you’re up for it!
And I’d LOVE to hear what YOU enjoyed receiving at YOUR shower!! Please leave a comment!
Happy Baby Shower Gift-ing!