Celebrate the treasures in your life by making little family pots of gold!
What you will need:
Black construction paper
Yellow construction paper
Chalk or white crayon (optional)
1. Cut the black construction paper into the shape of a pot.
2. Cut lots of circles from the yellow construction paper.
3. Give each family member a black pot and 5-6 ‘gold coins.’
4. Everyone gets to write one thing on each coin that they think is a treasure in their life.
5. Attach the coins to the pot with glue.
6. Use the chalk to write each person’s name on their pot of gold.
The Happy Hubby and I actually did this activity after our little boy was in bed – it was an impromptu at-home date night idea – so we ended up making up the Happy Buddy’s coins.
We had a bunch of laughs trying to come up with what we thought he would say are his treasures.
In case you’re wondering… Morgan is our pastor’s daughter. She’s 16, tall, has long white blond hair, and is gorgeous. She is the Happy Buddy’s Sunday School teacher every week.
He is kind of in love with her!!! An older woman! :-)
After everyone has finished their pots, go around the room and have each person share their treasures aloud – you will have a blast celebrating all of the treasures God has given you and your Happy Home.
But remember, our treasures on earth will pass away (you can’t take Target to heaven)… The true treasure is in knowing Jesus, walking with Him, and experiencing our glorious inheritance in eternity!
“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” Matthew 6:18-21
Happy Treasure-ing! :-)