My Aunt Tina is amazing.
As I was growing up, whenever a major holiday arrived, she’d send each of my brothers and me a card with a crisp dollar bill inside.
It was just a dollar, but because it was from Aunt Tina – it was something truly special.
When I moved off to college and I didn’t get my card and dollar that first holiday away from home, I think I called her and asked her why in the world she thought that college=no more holiday dollars. 🙂
She still sends me cards.
The other magical thing about my Aunt Tina (among a gazillion other things) is her recipe for Trash.
Oh, good heavens, my friends.
- 3 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 3 cups Reese’s Puffs cereal
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 2 cups pretzel sticks, broken
- 1 (12 oz) bag milk chocolate chips
1. Mix the first 4 ingredients together in a bowl.2. Pour the chocolate chips in a microwave safe dish and microwave according to package directions until smooth.3. Pour the melted chocolate over the cereal mixture.4. Mix everything together really well. At this point, you may want to add more of the cereals, peanuts, or pretzels depending on how much chocolate you have. Just keep adding and mixing until it looks right!5. Spread the yummy-ness onto a cookie sheet that is covered in aluminum foil.
6. Refrigerate for about 20 minutes.7. Remove from refrigerator and break apart. Package up your treat and toss in a few Christmas M&M’s for a festive presentation!You could pass these bags of Trash out to your garbage men (they might get a kick out of the recipe’s name), the person who hands you your food at the Chick-fil-A drive-thru (they know us by name), or even to the people who live in the Best Decorated House on your street.
All of the bags that you see packaged here were meant to be for the guests at a Christmas party my mom was throwing.
But I ate them all. 🙂
So much for self control!
Merry Christmas Trash-ing! 🙂