My mom started making this delicious meal when I was in high school. I loved it so much that it was ALL I wanted ALL the time. I am not even kidding – breakfast, lunch, dinner, you name it! Give me some Chicken Goulash!
For my 18th Birthday my mom invited some of my closest friends over to celebrate and she made the BIGGEST pot of Chicken Goulash I had ever seen. She poured it all into this giant-sized green bowl and set it on the table so that we could all help ourselves. I literally remember wanting to jump in the bowl and take a swim. It was like the greatest gift she could have ever given me!
The Happy Hubby remembers Chicken Goulash as the first meal I ever made him! Isn’t that the overflow of love – wanting to share the very things we love with the very people we love???
I’m so glad the Happy Hubby liked Chicken Goulash that first try because I don’t think I could have survived not making it again… and again… and again… 🙂
I sure hope that it becomes a favorite in your Happy Home too.
P.S. I totally forgot to take pictures of each step – I’m no Pioneer Woman, that’s for sure! I was just thankful that I remembered to take a picture of the finished product before we dug in and demolished it all! 🙂
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- 1 egg
- 1-2 T of oil
- 1-2 cans of cream of chicken and mushroom soup
- 1 bag of egg noodles
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Crack the egg in a shallow bowl. Beat it together with some milk. Add some pepper if you’d like.
- Pour some flour in another bowl.
- Dip the chicken in the egg/milk mixture and then dredge each piece through the flour.
- Place chicken in the hot oiled pan.
- Cook chicken on both sides until browned.
- Once chicken is cooked through, pour 1-2 cans of soup over the chicken. Add some water to bring the sauce to your desired consistency.
- Reduce heat, cover, and let simmer for however long you’d like. The longer the better because it makes the chicken get so super tender!!
- Serve over egg noodles.
- Throw a party to celebrate the tasty goodness that Chicken Goulash brings to your Happy Home! 🙂
Happy Chicken Goulash-ing! 🙂