I posted this recipe 5 years ago when I had a camera from 1940 and the photos just did NOT do this dish justice! (You can see it HERE, but don’t judge – ha!)
So here it is again and just in time for the
Back to Crazy Back to School season!
When Mr. B. and I got married and I knew about zero things about cooking, I found this recipe on the back of a box of Kraft Stovetop Stuffing and knew it was easy enough for me to pull off.
Mr. B. ended up LOVING it and it currently resides at the top of his favorite meals list (and has stayed there for 13 years – holla!).
I know y’all will love it too!
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 pkg. (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken
- ½ cup water (I use chicken broth for a little extra flavor if I have it on hand!)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (I like to use the 6-cheese Italian blend – yum!)
- MIX tomatoes, stuffing mix, water, and garlic just until stuffing mix is moistened.
- LAYER chicken, basil and cheese in 9x13-inch baking dish.
- TOP with stuffing mixture.
- BAKE at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until chicken is done.
This recipe is also such a cinch to make that I have found it to be one of the best for taking to new mamas or families/friends in need of a meal.
But if you do take this to someone, don’t forget to ADD THIS IMPORTANT THING!
Enjoy! We go back to school in just 2 weeks! Ahhh!