I’m always on the look out for Mexican-inspired recipes because the hubs loves anything with a little kick.
This recipe makes a TON so make sure you take some to your neighbors or that sweet mama at church who just had a baby (I’m talking about you, Katie! I hope y’all enjoyed your Taco Soup!). ;-)
*Recipe adapted from i heart naptime
- 1 lb ground beef or ground turkey (I have tried this both ways and it is always good!)
- 2 T taco seasoning
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 half of each green, yellow, AND red pepper, chopped
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can corn
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes
- 1/4 cup salsa (I usually add more)
- Brown the beef in a large pan, drain. Add onions, peppers, and taco seasoning and saute for several minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until everything is mixed nicely. Let simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Top with your favorite Mexican toppings (sour cream, cheese, tortilla chips, etc.).
Happy Taco Soup-ing! :-)
*I’m so humbled and in awe of what the Lord is doing through kind, generous, and obedient people like YOU at my Go Fund Me page! Thank you just isn’t enough to adequately express what is in my heart… Check it out HERE and be a part of the magic! :-)