On the first week back to school I came home admittedly feeling quite pleased with myself because I had actually put a meal in the crockpot before leaving for work.
I was seriously ready to give myself a gold medal for being so prepared in spite of a total life change.
I may have even said out loud,
“Work full-time? Psh. I got this.”
But fast forward 4 weeks and I am fairly certain my children don’t even know what a home cooked meal is.
If you happen to be better planned than me, then I know this recipe will be a blessing for you in the back to school rush.
1 lb cottage cheese
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
2 (26 oz) jars marinara sauce
2 lbs lean ground beef, browned and drained of fat (not shown in above ingredient photo)
1 (9 oz) pkg lasagna noodles
1. Place cottage cheese and mozzarella cheese in a medium bowl and stir to combine.
2. Add a thin layer of pasta sauce to the bottom of slow cooker.
3. Add a thin layer of cooked beef and a layer of noodles, breaking the noodles to make them fit.
4. Add a layer of cheese mixture.
5. Repeat until all of the ingredients are used, ending with sauce.
Happy Crockpot Lasagna-ing! :-)
*You can check out some of my other favorite slow cooker recipes HERE.*