I was at the store the other day trying to figure out something to get to make for dinner and I thought of this yumminess. So, I went to Happy Home Fairy to remind myself of the ingredient list and after searching and searching, I was so surprised to find that I have never posted this recipe!
This is one of those meals that I love to serve because both of my boys eat it without a fuss.
AND THERE ARE MULTIPLE VEGETABLES IN IT.
Mediterranean Beef and Pasta
- 1 lb beef stew meat (or 1 lb ground beef, browned and drained)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14 oz) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 jar (4.5 oz) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 T balsamic vinegar (I like to use Paul Newman’s Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing)
- 1 T drained capers
- 1 T dried, minced garlic
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 cups cooked penne pasta
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Spray 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In cooker, mix all ingredients except pasta, oil, pepper and cheese.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 7 to 9 hours.*
- About 15 minutes before serving, make pasta as directed on package. Stir pasta, oil and pepper into beef mixture. Serve with cheese.
*When I am short on time (what I really mean is when I don’t plan ahead), I use the ground beef version and cook it in a big covered pan for about 30 minutes – still delicious!
Happy Mediterranean Beef-ing! :-)