When I was a little girl one of my favorite things to do every day in December was to pop open a door of my chocolate advent calendar.Then when the Happy Hubby and I were on our honeymoon in Disney World (yes, I dragged him to Disney. He had no choice in the matter. :-)) 8 years ago, we found the above INCREDIBLE advent calendar that we’ve used ever since.
I love Advent Calendars.
It is so much fun to countdown to something – especially if that something is Christmas.
So why not choose one of the super easy ideas below for your Happy Home this month? You have until Thursday to make it happen! 🙂1. Sock Advent Calendar – The Dollar Bins at Target have tons of cute Christmas socks. Just buy 12 sets, fill with a Scripture verse from the Christmas story, and string them up across your mantel!
2. Paper Bag Advent Calendar – I found this adorableness over at It Is What It Is.
Visit her site and you can download the sweet little numbered tags for free.
You could fill the little bags with a treat!
In the Happy Buddy’s case, it would be M&M’s every day.
3. Happy Hubby Advent Calendar – Advent Calendars aren’t just for Happy Buddies!
The Pretty Blog decided to hang up simple printed numbers on the wall in her Happy Home kitchen in the shape of a tree using some clothespins.
Each day in December she and her Happy Hubby are going to write sweet notes to each other and then clip them up.
Go HERE for the printable numbers.
4. Daily Activities – Design Dazzle has put together the most amazing Christmas gift for you!
Head on over there to print out 100 FREE Printable Advent Countdown Activities that you can use all December long!
5. Little Presents Advent – Teaching Brady made an easy Advent Countdown out of wrapped boxes stuffed with slips of paper that had activity suggestions like the FREE ones I mentioned above. 🙂
6. Advent Chain – This chain from Ten Kids and a Dog is such a quick and easy visual for your Happy Buddies.
There is even a cute Christ-centered poem to attach to the star at the top of your chain.
You have to go read it. 🙂
7. Advent Book Countdown – The Happy Buddy and I are definitely doing an Advent Book Countdown like Katherine Marie Photography.
Simply package up 24 books in fun Christmas wrapping paper and open/read one each day!
8. Happy Birthday Jesus Advent Calendar – This one is probably my favorite because I want my Happy Buddy to know the real reason we celebrate Christmas.
Print the image above from Making Learning Fun, grab some stickers, and sticker each day leading up to Jesus’ Birthday.
Happy Advent Calendar-ing! 🙂
P.S. There are like 8 zillion more amazing Advent Calendar inspirations floating around out there. It was hard to pick my favorites (which are generally the easiest!) – but if you want even more magical ideas, you can hop over to this link for some serious Advent Calendar Eye Candy.