I have shared this recipe before (HERE), but never in its own post.
And it definitely deserves its own post because it is so. SO. GOOD.
This casserole is always on our Christmas morning breakfast table. It is a non-negotiable (even though I know my mom is tired of making it and is always itching to try out something new she’s found on Pinterest).
But I am a stickler for traditions and the rest of the family agrees that it just wouldn’t be Christmas without it!
You won’t even believe how easy it is to make.
Plus, you do everything the night before so that the only thing left to be done in the morning is to pop it in the oven!
You can tell me thanks and how much you love me in the comments section below. 😉
1 loaf of French or Sourdough bread from the bakery, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
1 lb sausage, browned and drained
6 eggs, beaten
2 cups milk
1/8 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper
2 cups Cheddar and Jack cheese, shredded
1. Place the slices of bread in bottom of a 9×13 dish. Spread some butter on each slice.
2. Top with cooked sausage. Pepper.
3. Cover with cheese.
4. Lightly whisk eggs in a mixing bowl. Add milk and seasonings.
4. Pour egg/milk mixture over sausage/cheese mixture.
5. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
6. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.