I’ll be taking a vacation from blogging for a few days so that I can prepare for a speaking engagement this Friday (and get stocked up with lots of Happy Home ideas for you for the month of January!). In the meantime, I thought I’d share this funny article I found on the Internet last year…
I hope it makes you smile.
A Toddler’s Resolutions
- Gain more weight. My size 5 Pull-Ups are a little saggy and I need a little bit more of a belly to keep them up.
- Ask for a glass of water at bedtime at least 3 times – to get the water, delay bedtime, and maybe, just maybe, get an exasperated look from Mom.
- Come up with new ways to refuse my parents’ bidding. ”No” is classic. ”I can’t” is a little more forceful, but I feel it’s time to be creative.
- Insist on wearing completely mismatched outfits as often as possible.
- Figure out which kid’s show or music is really annoying to watch/listen to and then beg for it.
- Refuse food – even if it has been a favorite – once a week.
- Or, even better, I resolve to ask for a food that I know is not in the house.
- Have a meltdown for no apparent reason at least once a day. It’s good to keep in touch with my emotions.
- Be naked more often – especially when company is coming over or when Mom and Dad are trying to get ready to go out.
- Give Mom and Dad a hug without being asked for one.
Did this speak to anyone else as it did to me??? I am literally giggling out loud as I type this up because the Happy Buddy is SO this kid. Especially the part about refusing foods that were once a favorite.
I’d love to hear your “Toddler’s Resolutions” if you have them! Just leave a comment below with your funniest thought!
Happy Toddler Resolution-ing!